1. NAES Biennial Conference is the only national conference of its kind.
Though there are several great regional conferences around the country, NAES Biennial Conference is the only conference on a national scale for Episcopal schools.
2. Biennial is one of the best value conferences around.
Comparable conferences frequently cost $1,000 to attend. NAES takes great care to keep Biennial Conference as affordable as possible, while maintaining the exceptional standards that keep attendees coming back each year.
3. NAES members can apply for grants to go towards the costs of attending.
In Biennial Conference years, NAES members are encouraged to apply for Outreach Grants towards the cost of attending. You can learn more on the NAES website.
4. You’ll be blown away by the number and quality of workshops.
In 2018, there were over 60 member-submitted workshops presented at the conference. These workshops cover a broad range of topics so there truly is something for everyone.
5. You can Make the most of your experience by attending a deep dive.
Wednesday’s deep dives are an opportunity to explore a specific topic with likeminded colleagues. Take an in-depth look at topics unique to Episcopal schools such as school chaplaincy and Episcopal identity.
6. Worship is a highlight of the conference.
Worship at Biennial Conference is a powerful experience. This is a great chance to see Episcopal students in action—reading, leading prayers, or singing in the choir. Plus, when you have a preacher like the Most Rev. Michael B. Curry, it’s like getting a bonus plenary speaker!
7. Conference Attendees become like a family.
It sounds like a cliché but it’s true! Year after year, conference attendees look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. Your fellow attendees are also a great source of advice and encouragement, so don’t be afraid to ask questions!
8. Impeccable standards are a central part of the Biennial experience.
Our main goal with Biennial Conference is simple: attendees should leave saying “Wow! That was the best conference I’ve ever attended.” From the moment you arrive we want attendees to have the best experience possible—and if it’s not, please talk to a member of the NAES staff and we’ll fix it!
9. You’ll want to register and reserve your room early.
Our early bird rates are significantly reduced so please register early! You’ll also want to book your hotel early too to make sure you get a room in the NAES block.