Biennial Conference is the premier gathering of Episcopal school leaders. As such, it expands the body of best practices and knowledge about the mission, operations, and identity of our schools. Please consider sharing your expertise by submitting a one-hour workshop proposal for:
“LOVE ONE ANOTHER AS I HAVE LOVED YOU.”
Biennial Conference 2020 • November 4-6, 2020 • San Diego, CA
at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
In order to submit a proposal, you must read and agree to the following requirements!
Your audience will include heads of school, rectors, trustees, vestry members, chaplains and teachers of religion, senior administrators and faculty members, diocesan and regional school leaders, education professionals and consultants, and friends. Attendees come from day and boarding schools serving preschool through grade 12. They are experienced and knowledgeable. They require and expect education that provides current information and the highest quality expertise.
“Love one another as I have loved you” (John 15:12) is our conference theme. Biennial 2020 workshop proposals should explore and expand upon the conference theme through:
- Chapel & Worship
- Curriculum & Teaching
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Episcopal Identity
- Leadership & Governance
- School Life & Culture
- School Management
- Service & Service-Learning
- Study of Religion
Each proposed workshop should offer:
- Content that stretches thinking and provides new approaches through examples, case studies, tools, or models that can be applied in your own school communities.
- Engaging delivery that involves attendees.
- Presenters who are thoroughly conversant with the material, excellent and experienced public speakers, and comfortable and adept at leading potentially large groups of adult learners.
How to Submit a Proposal
The deadline to submit is Monday, December 2nd, 2019.
- Once you begin the online submission process you will need to complete it in one session. Be ready with this information:
- Workshop title.
- Workshop description (limited 400 characters).
- The subject track, grade levels, and professional roles to which your proposed workshop is directed.
- Your list of 1-4 presenters. Please note only two will be eligible to receive the reduced “presenter” rate when registering.
- Confirmation that presenters have the permission of their head(s) of school or supervising administrator(s) to submit the proposal, and support for your attendance at the conference if your proposal is accepted.
- Submission of a proposal does not guarantee its acceptance.
- Presenter(s) must agree to all terms and conditions as listed on this page for participation.
- Preference will be given to proposals from NAES Members, to Corporate Subscribers, and to representatives of other organizations presenting in conjunction with NAES members.
- Proposal decisions will be emailed on or about the first week of February 2020.
CREATING AN NAES ACCOUNT
Please note that this process will require you to login or create an account on the NAES website. If you receive our emails, you already have an account! You will be able to add additional presenters to your proposal from the NAES database. If you can’t locate them in the search, submit your proposal anyway and email firstname.lastname@example.org with additional presenter information.
- Upon notification of selection, NAES will email the Presenters Manual. Presenter(s) must agree to all requirements presented therein to be eligible to present.
- NAES reserves the right to edit workshop titles, descriptions, and outcomes for promotional purposes and accordance with NAES style guides.
- NAES reserves the right to assign the date and time of the workshop at its sole discretion.
- Presenter(s) must follow all policies, procedures, and deadlines established. This will help ensure that all information is posted and published in a timely manner for our attendees to view.
- Biennial Conference 2020 is a noncommercial forum. Under no circumstances may a presenter promote a product, service, or anything else representing monetary self-interest. Failure to comply will impact consideration of future proposals.
Requirements for Presenters
As a workshop presenter, you are required to:
- Obtain financial support from your school or organization for expenses to attend the conference. NAES does not offer remuneration or honoraria to one-hour workshop presenters.
- Register for the conference at the special presenter rate for the full conference. Registration details will be posted online in early 2020.
- Book your hotel reservation at the conference hotel, for which you are financially responsible.
- Make your own travel arrangements, for which you are financially responsible.
- Submit workshop handouts to be posted to the conference website and app.
NAES reserves the right to alter these guidelines and the terms, conditions, and presenter benefits under which the NAES Biennial Conference 2020 workshop proposal submission and selection processes are operated.
For questions concerning the selection process…
Heather E. Zrubek
Member Services & Events Coordinator
National Association of Episcopal Schools
(800) 334-7626, ext. 6309
For help with technical difficulties…
Jonathan F. Cooper
National Association of Episcopal Schools
(800) 334-7626, ext. 6182