View more workshops
Please note: workshops and schedule subject to change.
Workshops Block C
Friday, November 6, 2020 at 1:00pm EST
As Vice President for Equity and Justice for NAIS, Caroline works to develop and sustain inclusive independent school communities.
Enhancing Anglican / Episcopal Identity: A Model for Claiming and Proclaiming Our Common Mission
Peter Laurence and Dan Heischman share their experiences with developing an Anglican summit in Melbourne, Australia in 2018—the preparation, the experience itself, and its aftermath—and what it can tell us about the promotion of Episcopal identity in the United States.
The Rev. Peter J. Laurence OAM
Chief Executive Officer
Anglican Schools Australia
The Rev. Daniel R. Heischman D.D.
National Association of Episcopal Schools
Enrollment Management Strategies for Recruiting and Retaining Millennial Parents
Leadership & Governance • SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION
The modern admissions office faces numerous challenges and a sea of possible solutions. How do you narrow your focus and find success with so many strategic options available? In this session, we’ll discuss aligning institutional goals to practical, useful steps; recruiting and retaining millennial parents; building a strategic plan, and keeping your admissions funnel healthy.
- Jaclyn Day, Product Marketing Manager, RenWeb School Management Software
Leading a School in a Time of Pandemic
LEADERSHIP & GOVERNANCE
Three Episcopal school heads reflect on their experiences during the past nine months, and what they have learned about leadership under uncertain and stressful conditions.
- Ron Kim, Head of School, The Bishop’s School, La Jolla, CA
- Byron M. Lawson, Jr., Head of School, Trinity Preparatory School, Winter Park, FL
- Cynthia Gibbs-Wilborn, Head of School, Beauvoir, The National Cathedral Elementary School, Washington, DC
Worship Models for a Hybrid World—And Beyond?
CHAPEL & WORSHIP
Distance learning and hybrid school schedules have forced Episcopal schools of all types to rethink chapel and worship, engaging the school community in new ways. How are schools delivering chapel for 2020-2021? Which of these new approaches might enrich chapel programming even when everyone is back on campus, and what timeless elements of in-person chapel must be preserved? Join other chapel leaders for an interactive session.
- The Rev. Jorge Sayago-Gonzalez, Chaplain, St. Stephen’s Episcopal Day School, Coconut Grove, FL
- The Rev. Nicole M. Simopolous-Pigato, Chaplain, The Bishop’s School, La Jolla, CA
- The Rev. Dr. Stefanie E. Taylor, Chaplain, St. Martin’s Episcopal School, Atlanta, GA